Monday, May 24, 2010

Future X-C Assistant Coach Prospects?

This year as a senior, I trained hard in the summer.


My former personal best was 25:10, and then it became 22:35 at the first race of the season, and then 22:22





I started out really great.


I would really like to say that 70 % of it was to to the fact that me and my (twin) sister were training independently.


Towards the end of the year, I developed a short-term tendenitis, laid off for ten days, and then ran my last race at 24:10.


There was some decrease in workload during the times we practiced in the summer (with the team). My sister and I actually pushed ourselves harder and knew exactly what was necessary to obtain goals.





During the first weeks of September, we actually tapered off A LOT because of the new runners that were added


Even though my time was crappy, some people told me that I "ran brave" or "put up a good fight".





I fear that if my coach decides on repeating the same procedures that he does this year, they will not improve as much as they have the potential to.

Future X-C Assistant Coach Prospects?
alright, i didnt read your entire thing...but from skimming it, i think you should. it does not matter what your time is as long as your work ethic and respect from your teamates regardless of who good you are is there. on my xc team, im a senior who has only run xc for two years, i am not in the top but i get respect from my teamates by helping them with form and work ethics. so i would give it a try.

mint

No comments:

Post a Comment