Monday, May 24, 2010

Just receive an offer to work in Calgary...many question????

live in mtl, I just receive an offer for 1 of the top fine dinning restaurant of Alberta.(downtown close to Olympique plaza) without discoussion they offer me 50 000$ gross a year.10 000 net a year in tips. and they offert me 7 000$ for moving in compensation. I would work12 hrs a day for 5 days a week. Is this is enought money? Should I receive more. If I work downtown where I should Leave? I don't have a car or a driving licence, and due to the hours I will do in a day I don't want to do 1hrs of c-train or bus to go to work. how much for a desent appartment(1 bed)? Do you need to leave a security deposite....is most of the appartemtent to rent have frig and oven included? And How much do 50 000 $ a year give you net every 2 weeks...since tax are different here?

Just receive an offer to work in Calgary...many question????
Your net would be about $1250 to $1300 every 2 weeks.


Your tips should be an item you pay tax on, so you should clarify that point. 10k net is about 15K gross, so you are being offered 65K (with the tips portion not guaranteed) for a minimum of 3000 hrs. That is $21.66 per hour. I will let you judge the merits of that.


7K for moving expenses seems fair.


The apartment unfurnished will run between 800 and 1200 per month. You could do a little better if you were willing to travel a bit.


Security deposit is a full months rent up front, so you need 2 full months rent to get set up. Every place should have basic appliances, usually laundry is outside the suite, pay as you go.


Good luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment